The Multicultural Leadership Program (MCLP) is an intense professional development curriculum that provides a framework to those with an interest and potential to step into leadership roles within our communities. There are innumerable leaders amongst us of all ages, cultures and walks of life. MCLP focuses on cultivating emerging leaders to strengthen and support our vital and complex community. Emerging leaders are not defined by age but by both intent and action. MCLP class is composed of 26 individuals who meet for bi-weekly sessions spread over eight months, August through March every year. Class participants are chosen on the basis of their demonstrated commitment to community issues, desire to learn and intent to contribute to the community at large.
“We develop leaders to engage the power of diverse perspectives to improve our world.”
- To prepare skilled, informed individuals for leadership positions in public, private, educational, political and non-profit sectors.
- To foster leadership diversity through community welfare and civic participation
- To promote inter-community unity
MCLP’s Approach to Leadership Development
- Professional Leadership Development
- Community Involvement – Servant Leadership
- Mentoring and Networking
MCLP Program Sessions – Leadership Instruction
- Leadership traits − Influence, Coaching, public speaking, etc.
- Simulation exercises − Poverty, Friday night at ER, etc.
- Self discovery − Leadership-360, Myers Briggs, & Strength Finder, etc.
- Panel discussions− Politics, Education, Executive, etc.
- Leadership in Life− Crisis, Work-Life Balance, etc.
Who Benefits from MCLP
- Local non-profits
- Community at large
Please click on the following link to view our program Brochure